Monday, January 3, 2011

A Love Story - Amanda & Rahul

Rahul and Amanda, Fall 2010 (courtesy photo)


More than meets the eye . . . .
Back in September 2007, Alice, our mutual friend and soon to be my maid-of-honor, brought me to one of Rahul’s infamous parties. I instantly liked Rahul and found him charming, handsome and successful. However, I concluded that he would be a consummate bachelor, so we remained friendly acquaintances.  Years and relationships later, we rediscovered one another when our paths crossed again. We started spending more time together as friends, sharing in our common love for things like sci-fi and action movies, Transformers, roller coasters and weekend adventures. I slowly realized that I admired the way his intelligence and humor complemented his fun spirit and surprising depth. So I took a bold chance on the hope that he could feel the same way about me . . . and that he may not be the quintessential bachelor I initially assumed he was. 
Thank God I took that chance! Our friendship transitioned to romance in the spring of 2009 and has blossomed quickly since then. I moved in with him in May, and he surprised me with a proposal this past September. We’re planning a Hindu ceremony and reception at Hollin Hall on Saturday, June 18. Hollin Hall was the first wedding venue we visited, and ultimately, the one we knew was right for us . . . as it is also more than meets the eye!

No comments:

Post a Comment