Saturday, July 7, 2012

This day I will marry my friend ...

Soniya and Chris were married in a traditional Hindu ceremony in the Meeting House on June 30, with Dr. Virendra Sharma officiating.  

We had encouraged the couple to have their ceremony inside rather than in the walled garden because of the 99 degree weather forecast.  We didn't know that on Friday night, we (along with much of the Washington Metropolitan area) would lose power!  No lights.  No A/C.  


"This day I will marry my friend,
the one I laugh with,
live for,
dream with,
love"

The rooms were lit by battery-powered lanterns. Main Event Catering did a splendid job of the set up and catering.  Family and friends shared the special day by continuing to give all the love and support they have demonstrated all along the way.

The outdoor garden chairs were used for both the indoor ceremony and the reception.
 


Photos by Steven Halperson/Tisara Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment